A video editor is a tool for creating professional-looking video presentations. And not only for business purposes; a versatile video editing software will make special occasions like weddings and birthdays more memorable.
Whatever your needs are, a video editor that delivers professional and quality results is something you want to use.
Luckily, there are plenty of tools to choose from. And in this article we have tested Wondershare Filmora, one of the leading names, to see if it lives up to its reputation.
Welcome to my Filmora review!
What Is Wondershare Filmora?
Filmora allows you to make beautiful, professional videos quickly and easily from your desktop or mobile device. With a broad range of professional video and audio editing features, motion graphics, and visual effects, you can make any kind of video you imagine, encompassing a wide range of cinematic effects seen in movies. If you want to make a square video for Instagram, make a video off of your screen captures for online courses and tutorials, make videos from your Facebook content, or meme yourself with a gif, you can do it all with Filmora.
Furthermore, it’s worth noting that Filmora has powerful audio editing, mixing, and filtering capabilities that comparable tools simply don’t have. And this is incredibly important. Bad audio can render even the best video unwatchable, and it’s an aspect of post-production often overlooked by amateurs. Filmora’s audio tools are a powerful way to enhance every video.
And Filmora is more than just a video editor, it’s also a professional slideshow maker.
Below is a video with an overview of Filmora and it’s features:
Next, let’s have a closer look at their features:
Filmora has many great features. And the following are just a few I have used:
- Simple and easy to use. Wondershare Filmora is designed for people who have never used video editing programs before. With simple and intuitive drag-and-drop tools to create high-quality videos.
- Filters and overlays. Filters and overlays can add a vintage feel to videos, add lens flares or film grain, or create moods with colors. Filmora’s 300+ filters are as easy to use, and will add to the look and feel of your videos. You can also tilt-shift to blur only part of an image.
- Color correcting. You can adjust the color balance and dynamic range of your videos in Filmora. And you can even use 3D Lut color grading presets.
- Text and titles. Furthermore, you can easily add a variety of text to images, to use as titles, openers, or subtitles, in a variety of fonts, sizes, and styles. Filmora supports up to 5 layers of text.
- Screen recording. You can record your computer screen for gameplay or tutorials and use your video.
- Motion elements. Furthermore, you can drag and drop animated motion elements into your video. With subjects and styles covering a wide range of looks and themes, to add interest and style to your video projects. You can even add a camera shake.
- Transitions. Add transitions between images or video clips with stylish looks that add to the feel of your video. And a variety of fades, wipes, and effects are available for custom transitions
- Music library. Filmora includes a library of royalty-free songs so you can add life to your video. You can add up to 10 music tracks to your timeline.
- Effects store. Filmora has a marketplace full of special effects and film elements you can buy to further customize and enhance your videos.
- Resolution up to 4K. Ultra-high resolution videos have a more professional look. You can also make gifs for small, sharable files on nearly any platform.
- Audio control. Filmora allows you to mix and filter audio as well as video, removing unwanted background noise and enhancing audio clarity. You can also separate audio from video to edit tracks individually.
- Modify your video. You can change the speed of your video, or flip your clips and play them backward. Filmora supports picture in picture, split screen, video stabilization, green screen, and color keying.
- Social import. With Filmora, not only can you export and share your videos on social media, but you can also import social files. And incorporate them into your videos.
- Advanced audio and video editing. You can preview audio and video tracks frame by frame for precision. Or pan and zoom still images for enhanced motion.
- Control aspect ratio. Make square or portrait videos as you prefer, with no black frame. Or replace black bars with blur. Or auto-crop and resize photos to fit the aspect ratio of your video project.
Pricing: Ranging from a FREE trial version to $59.99 for a lifetime plan. They also have a lifetime business plan for $139.99 and special prices for students.
Filmora Review: Pros and Cons
- Very affordable prices, and ease of use, makes Filmora great for beginners.
- In addition to being the best video editing software, Filmora is also a professional slideshow maker.
- Professional quality with 300+ effects, filters, transitions, and graphics you might see in a broadcast production.
- Filmora also has great music integration, supporting features like sophisticated audio filters, controls, and track mixing.
- A resolution up to 4k is truly impressive.
- Great customer service
- While Filmora does have a video maker app, the interface isn’t very touchscreen-friendly and it works better from a desktop.
Filmora Review: Conclusion
While experienced video editing professionals may wish for a few more features and options in Filmora, it’s not made to compete with Premiere as professional editing software. Filmora is built to make cinematic-like video effects and professional-quality videos available to the casual user.
And it’s rare to find so many powerful and advanced features in software not designed for professionals. And for that reason, absolute newcomers may find Filmora a bit complex. But, Wondershare has elegantly solved this by providing an Easy Mode – a more beginner-friendly version with fewer features. And when you became more comfortable with Filmora, you can switch to the Full Feature Mode.
Finally, amid my Wondershare Filmora review, I found one very powerful advantage: Wondershare Filmora is purpose-built for mobile video and social media. With Filmora, making square videos, blurring out sidebars, making a gif, or using Instagram-like filters is built into the package, easy to access, and easy to use. Hence, for videos destined for mobile platforms, it’s an incredibly powerful tool.
In my opinion, Filmora is the best video editor for beginners. Mostly because of the low prices and ease of use. And since they also have one of the best mobile support and social media integration on the market, Filmora is also the best video maker for social media marketers.
In closing, I hope my Wondershare Filmora review was helpful when you’re making your choice. I also recommend that you look around our site to learn about other online software for small business owners.
Tim is an engineer and small business owner from Northern California. He’s an outgoing creative writer and tech blogger who has a passion for helping people and building creativity in the mind, through outstanding how-to guides, articles, and honest software reviews.