It’s all too easy to accidentally delete data from your phone, and it’s hard to recover those files once they are gone. Luckily, we have tools like the Dr.fone toolkit. Dr.fone toolkit is one of the most popular phone data recovery programs, and it will help you recover files and photos that were accidentally deleted. However, this versatile suite of tools offers more than just data recovery.
Dr.fone also helps you manage all files on your device, including pre-installed software and files that are hard to find; seamlessly transition your contacts, photos, and messages from one phone to another; securely erase unwanted data; and repair system errors and other problems with your phone.
Furthermore, the toolkit has a user friendly interface that makes all this data management fast and intuitive, and is a highly trusted software.
What is dr.fone?
Dr.fone started out as a simple iOS repair and recovery kit. But the developers soon added more features, and also expanded to offering the same services for Android devices. Note that the iOS and Android suites are not the same, because the two operating systems have different functionalities and demands.
Dr.fone is a product of Wondershare, a highly respected software company with a range of well-reviewed apps and tools. Dr.fone has continued to evolve in the 4 years since it was launched, and has today more than 50 million installs.
Who is dr.fone For?
Dr.fone is for anyone who want to recover lost or deleted data on their phone. It has an exceptional success rate, and has won awards and accolades for its data recovery capabilities. It’s also a great tool for simply managing your device: backing up and restoring, installing and uninstalling, transferring files, and simply managing data on your phone.
In addition, it’s also great for people who uses multiple devices, or for those who want to securely back up their phone’s camera roll to a computer. Or for permanently erasing some (or all) of your data from an old device. Because it allows you to remove pre-installed software, it’s also perfect for those with limited phone memory who want to securely store important photos, messages, and contacts while managing the memory they have.
Is dr.fone Safe?
If you have concerns about the safety of your devices, don’t worry. Dr.fone is extremely safe. And in multiple ways too. First and foremost, the toolkit is 100% virus and malware free and won’t harm your devices. Also, the software is fully certified by Norton. Furthermore, dr.fone is safe to try, since it comes with a free 7 day trial. So you can try it out to see if it works for your exact needs.
But a word of warning. You see, not all data is recoverable, and it’s possible that dr.fone will not be able to recover all your files. But even if dr.fone doesn’t help you find all your data, the toolkit will not harm your computer. Or install any unwanted software.
My Wondershare dr fone Review
Dr.fone has a wealth of ways to help you get the most from your mobile devices, and manage your data. First, let’s talk about the data recovery feature (which is also their most popular feature).
- Data Recovery: With dr.fone, you can recover data, and restore deleted data from your phone, mobile device, memory cards, hard drives, and computers. Dr.fone has the highest recovery rate in the industry, and is compatible with all the latest devices. You can recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes, call logs, and more.
- Transfer and switch: You can transfer data between iOS and Android devices and computers, or copy data from one device to another. Move photos, files, and music from mobile devices to your computer, or you can move music, messages, and data from one phone to another. You can transfer iOS files without using iTunes, and manage your data during the transfer by exporting, adding, or deleting your files. Export and import contacts and merge duplicates.
- Repair: dr.fone helps you fix various system issues in your operating system, resolving errors and restoring full functionality.
- Erase: You can permanently delete data from mobile devices, so you can recycle or sell them without worry. You can either perform a full erase back to factory defaults, or erase only selected personal data and leave your apps intact.
- Backup and restore data: You can recover deleted photos, videos and files on your Android devices, or recover data, restore contacts and deleted photos on your iPhone.
- Backup and restore your social apps: You can backup and restore data from WhatsApp, Wechat, Kik, LINE, Viber and more.
- Unlock: You can remove your phone’s lock screen, unlocking iPhones without passcodes or iTunes, or unlock an Android phone without resetting it.
- Record: Dr.fone has a utility that will allow you to record your screen on an Android device.
- Root: With Dr.fone, you can easily and safely root an Android device.
- Data extraction: For some Samsung devices, Dr.fone can help to extract data from a physically damaged or non-functional device.
Dr.fone pricing can be slightly confusing, because they market every feature as though it were a standalone app, plus they also sell the complete bundle as the “Toolkit.” You can choose only the specific Dr.fone features or capabilities you want. And pay for them individually. The different bundles are priced like this:
- Switch (to copy data from one phone to another): $29.95
- Erase (to securely and completely erase data from your device): $19.95
- Recover (to restore lost or deleted data): $59.95
- Repair (to fix iOS system issues): $59.95
- Transfer (to transfer data between devices and computers): $39.95
- Backup & Restore (to back up and restore your phone’s data): $19.99
- Unlock (to unlock a phone): $59.95
- Restore Social (to backup and restore your social apps): $19.95
- iTunes repair (to fix iTunes errors and issues): $19.95
All of these capabilities are included in the Toolkit which sells for:
- The Dr.fone iOS Toolkit costs $99.95.
- The Dr.fone Android Toolkit costs $139.95.
Finally, you can also purchase Dr.fone Recover as a license that will cover multiple devices. Dr.fone recovery licenses cost are as follow:
- Personal (1-5 mobile devices, 1 computer): $59.95 annual cost/$69.95 one-time lifetime cost
- Family (6-10 mobile devices, 1 computer): $63.92 annual cost/$79.92 one-time lifetime cost
- Business (unlimited mobile devices, 1 computer): $399 a year
Additionally, customized plans are also available for different configurations of devices, computers, and time frames, so contact Wondershare for custom packages.
Tip: If you intend to use dr.fone to help you recover specific lost or deleted files, download the free trial before purchasing it. If the software does not find the files you want with the free trial version, it will not find them with the paid version either.
Dr fone Review: Pros And Cons
- Dr.fone has the highest recovery rate in the industry
- Compatible with all the latest devices and Operating Systems
- Dr.fone is backed by a money-back guarantee and free tech support
- The software has a very simple and user friendly interface
- You can preview your data before executing the recovery
- Recover all your lost data, or select just the files you want, unlike many other recovery tools
- Recover your old data without overwriting your current data
- You can manage your data during the file transfer process, previewing, adding, or deleting the files you don’t need.
- You can transfer all your photos and videos, including those in your camera roll, photo library, and photo stream
- Dr. fone gives you access to all the files on your mobile device, even the ones that are hard to find
- Install and uninstall multiple apps with a click, even pre-installed ones
- Your privacy is protected with advanced encryption
- Expert support is available by email 24/7
- Not all data is recoverable. Download the free version first if you’re looking for specific files
- A few users have reported that some recovered photos may be at lower resolution than the originals
Dr fone Toolkit Review: Conclusion
Wondershare is a reputable company, and Dr.fone is a strong product that delivers on its claims, year after year. So why does it have some bad reviews online? Or rather, why does it have so many great reviews from publishers and professionals, but lower reviews from the public? I believe there are two main reasons for this:
- Data recovery is imperfect: The fact of the matter is, mobile devices were designed to conserve storage space by deleting and overwriting data. Data recovery is difficult, even for experts. And any tool can only do so much. No software can recover absolutely everything in every single scenario.
- People are emotionally invested: For people who accidentally deleted some essential files or irreplaceable memories, their expectation is that if they pay $100 for Dr.fone, they will get their files back. Unfortunately, that’s simply not always the case. It’s particularly challenging if they have a history of being inconsistent with backups, reducing the likelihood that recovery will be successful. These people are understandably upset about the files they lost, and feel as though this solution didn’t work for them, so they write a negative review.
However frustrated those people may be, it does not mean that Dr.fone is a poor product, or that it doesn’t deliver on its claims. In fact, if you store essential files on your devices, you should also use existing tools to back up your device. And those backups will help you recover lost data, no matter what software you use. If you have lost your data, and don’t have backups, dr.fone is a great choice for your last resort, but may not work in every instance.
Dr.fone is simply the best data recovery software for your phone, and has proven it year after year, and is widely recognized in the industry. It’s a safe, secure way to recover, restore, protect, transfer, or manage your mobile data quickly and easily.
PS: In closing, I hope my dr. fone review was helpful when you’re making your choice. In addition, I recommend that you look around our site to learn about other online software for small business owners. For example our best slideshow maker and best Mac cleaner articles. Also, if you have any questions about this dr.fone reviews or something else, don’t hesitate to send us an e-mail using our contact form.
Who is Tim?
Hi I am Tim, an engineer and small business owner from Northern California. I am an outgoing creative writer and tech blogger who has a passion for helping people and building creativity in the mind, through outstanding how-to guides, articles and honest software reviews.