Dell offers a contract with its customers which covers the warranty for a specific period. During that time, the company is responsible for the stability of the product.
In terms of the contract, Dell specifies under what circumstances exchanges or repairs can be made, in case your product does not function as promised.
So if you’re a Dell user, and you want to check your warranty status, here’s how to perform a Dell warranty check in three easy steps:
Step #1: Go to the Dell Warranty Information Page
To perform a Dell warranty lookup, you should first visit Dell’s website and head over to their Warranty & Contracts page.
The Warranty & Contracts page should look like this:
Step #2: Enter your Dell service Tag or Dell EMC product ID
To do a Dell warranty check by serial number, we need your Dell service tag or EMC product ID. These very important numbers should be located at the back or bottom of your Dell laptop.
Now enter one of the numbers in the search bar on the warranty page. Important: Make sure you type it correctly, or else the search will lead to no results.
The Dell service tag warranty check bar should look like this:
After entering your service tag or EMC product ID in the search bar, you will get the status of your warranty. However, if you’re having issues finding your serial number, or get no results by doing this, head over to step three below.
Step # 3: Use the detect PC tool if you cannot find your service tag or product ID.
If you are unable to find your Dell warranty status, even after entering your service tag or product ID, no need to worry. Here in step three, we have one more way to find it. Here’s what you have to do:
- Use the Detect PC tool if you can’t find your service tag or EMC product ID. The Detect PC tool is used to detect the hardware in your PC, and will display the system information and any other important data. The tool will also help you find the service tag, the serial number, or the EMC product ID.
The Detect PC tool is a button on the right side:
- Now, press the DETECT PC button to proceed.
- After clicking the Detect PC button, you will be directed to the above SupportAssist page. It’s a great application that maintains your system and keep it in good shape. It also identifies system issues and also allows you to run diagnostics and driver-update scans.
- And once the app is installed on your laptop, it will be detected automatically in the future (I.e. only one download and installation is needed)
- Now, accept the Policy TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- And press the Continue Button.
- After pressing the continue button you will be directed to a new page, and the application launch button will appear in the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Next, select the Application launch icon from the Windows 10 taskbar.
- After selecting the launch button, a popup window will appear. Now the application will start installing.
- After a few minutes, your application will be downloaded and installed, and your system details will be displayed, including your service tag and Express Service Code, plus any other information about your computer. The application also shows your warranty details, for example when it’s going to expire.
The system information screen should look like this:
This application does not only lets you check Dell warranty, but it also allows you to get an overview of your device, including the technical specification. It also diagnoses your PC, and lets you download new drivers your PC, making it easy for users who are not familiar with doing these kinds of tasks.
Dell Extended Warranty
If you are thinking to extend your laptop’s warranty, let me tell you it’s a great idea. You see, warranty extensions start right after your old warranty expires, and here’s what you need to do if you want a warranty extension
1. Locate your service tag
After checking your current warranty status (which may have expired), locate your service tag which is an important number when renewing your warranty.
2. Contact Dell
Contact Dell by calling them on any of their available numbers. You can also Email them. The good news is their customer service is available at all times.
Last but not least you have the option to extend your warranty online. You can do it from the following link.
In closing, let me tell you it’s a great idea to have Dell warranty. You see, laptops and desktops are complicated machines, which may lead to many issues costing you a lot of money. However, if your computer is under Dell’s warranty then you don’t have to worry about repairs since Dell is responsible for any damages that happen.
Thanks for reading 🙂
In closing, I hope my Dell warranty check guide was helpful. I also recommend that you look around our site to learn about other online software for small business owners. And, if you have any questions about this Dell warranty check guide or something else, don’t hesitate to send me an e-mail using my contact form.