Animoto is an online video editor that allows you to quickly and easily turn photos, music, and video clips into professional looking video presentations. It has a simple drag-and-drop interface and streamlined functionality, and you can create custom videos of your own content in just a matter of minutes. Also, Animoto has built-in tools that optimize your videos for different social channels. And you can publish them everywhere you want them to be seen.
Furthermore, the Animoto app uses a patented Cinematic Artificial Intelligence technology to make high-quality, highly shareable slideshows specifically designed for social media. In addition, the company has been featured in Forbes, Inc, BBC, Wired, The New York Times, and others.
Now, let’s take a closer look at Animoto and see if it lives up to the hype.
Welcome to my Animoto Review!
What Is Animoto?
Animoto makes it fast and easy to create compelling, sharable videos for nearly any format you need. And without the need to learning complex video-editing software, finding licensed music, or worrying about video file formats and export settings.
Furthermore, it allows individuals and small businesses to produce and share videos quickly and easily, without having to buy or learn expensive software. Animoto videos look professionally produced and are optimized for sharing online, reducing time spent exporting and uploading videos.
Moreover, the reseller license has the potential to open up new service offerings and expand your customer base. And, it allows photographers to become videographers, designers to upsell movies, and marketing teams to produce videos in-house instead of outsourcing.
Below is a video showing how easy it is to create a professional video with Animoto:
Next, let’s have a closer look at their features:
Animoto has many great features. And the following are just a few I have used:
- Storyboard Themes. Starting an Animoto video begins with choosing from dozens of existing storyboard themes. These storyboards are templates for your video. And premade themes include editorial, promotional, how-to, and more.
- Easy Media Library. Also, you can upload your own images, videos, animations, graphics, and more. And simply drag-and-drop them into the storyboard to begin assembling your video.
- Customization. In addition, you can easily add custom text to your video, and adjust the size, font, placement, and even animation of your text. Create collages and split screen images to add dynamic elements to your video. And choose from Animoto’s library of hundreds of music tracks that you can use with no concern about licensing.
- Reviewing Tools. Also, your video in progress can be downloaded or shared by email if you want to get a second opinion before launching it.
- Export And Share. A finished video can be easily shared directly with a number of platforms. Furthermore, pasting your Animoto video URL onto your blog pages automatically embeds the video without needing to use an embed code. And, when choosing to embed your Animoto video, you’ll be allowed to choose video size and resolution, as well as adding a call-to-action button at the end of your video.
- Reseller License. Finally, professional and business users can not only can sell their videos, they can sell video creation services to their own clients using the platform.
Animoto Prices: Ranging from $16 to $64 per month depending on feature and plan. In addition, Animoto has a 14 day free trial. And the prices are nearly cut in half when billed annually instead of monthly.
Animoto Review: Pros And Cons
- First, as one of the best video editing software, Animoto is fast and easy to use.
- And, specific settings and options for different social media channels.
- Finally, reseller license expands a business’ service offerings and earning potential with a very low investment.
- Many of the music track sound generic and bland.
- Also, no ability to store settings or preferences.
- And, you can’t duplicate your existing video projects to use as a template for future videos.
- And unfortunately, Animoto is not a free online video maker.
Animoto Review: Conclusions
For those new to producing online video, Animoto is a wonderful discovery. They love how easy it is to learn and use, and how great the resulting videos look. However, people who use Animoto extensively for a long time eventually want new music options, new themes, more advanced customization, the ability to store their settings and preferences, and greater control over their products.
Many of them eventually graduate to more sophisticated video creation tools. But that isn’t necessarily a criticism of Animoto: it’s simply not designed or made for users who want more advanced options and customization. The very things that make it easy to adopt and love, tend to eventually lead people to grow out of it. And this is actually why licensing the software monthly or annually makes more sense than purchasing video-editing software outright. The user’s needs change over time, as part of a natural progression, and no one app is going to work for everyone.
Finally, Animoto has millions of fans and users, and they span the whole range from young kids making videos on their phones, to social media experts and influencers with huge followings. To professional artists, photographers, and designers, to marketing departments in large companies that need to produce videos for internal and external use. And in that respect, the power, simplicity, versatility, and functionality of Animoto is truly impressive.
In my opinion, Animoto is a fantastic tool for everyone who wants to get started in the thriving field of video marketing, produce more powerful social content, or simply show off their best images, projects, and memories in the best way.
PS: In closing, I hope my Animoto review was helpful when you’re making your choice. In addition, I recommend that you look around our site to learn about other online software for small business owners. For example our best slideshow maker and best online course platforms articles. Also, if you have any questions about this Animoto review or something else, don’t hesitate to send us an e-mail using our contact form.
Who is Tim?
Hi I am Tim, an engineer and small business owner from Northern California. I am an outgoing creative writer and tech blogger who has a passion for helping people and building creativity in the mind, through outstanding how-to guides, articles and honest software reviews.